Saturday, May 3, 2008

1% Well-Read Challenge

I've been working my way through Peter Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list on my own for awhile now so when I saw an announcement about this challenge on 1morechapter.com I could not wait to join. The rules are simple, just read any 10 books from the list of 1001 between May 1, 2008 and February 28, 2009. Here is the list I am looking forward to tackling:

1. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
3. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
4. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
5. The Secret History by Donna Tart
6. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
7. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley *changed from my original list*
8. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
9. The Hours by Michael Cunningham
10. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood *changed from my original list*

1 comment:

1morechapter said...

Glad to have you on the 1% challenge!

Michelle
1morechapter.com