Monday, March 31, 2008

The Pesthouse


Author: Jim Crace
Challenge: Speculative Fiction Challenge
Date Finished: March 22, 2008
Rating: 5/5

This was my second time reading a Jim Crace novel and I was not disappointed. Earlier this year I read his novel Being Dead and loved it. So I started reading The Pesthouse with high expectations. The story was so unique, it was not only a dystopian picture of the future, but also a love story AND in many ways an action adventure. Many times in the book I was flipping ahead because I couldn't bear to wait and see what would happen next. From the very first chapter I wanted to spend every moment reading this novel! This might even end up being one of my favorite novels of the year. And I defiantly can not wait to read more by this author.

No comments: